Monday, March 23, 2009

And a how do you do to all

I've blogged about various things in my blogging lifetime.

Anything that happens to come to mind that I find interesting or think that perhaps my thoughts on a subject needs to be published to the masses (Ego much?) but very rarely have I been as interested and intrigued by something as I am about the concept of...well...food.

I'm a fat man. I have been a fat man for many, many years now (and by many, I mean around 10.) I was an extremely thin child and then somewhere around 19 to 20 the weight caught up to me. but it didn't hit me hard. I remember weighing in around 21 and being between 213 and 220. I thought I was heavier than I used to be but still wasn't fat right? (I wore my extra pounds well)

Fast forward a few years. I stand at a whopping 252 pounds. Oh, and on top of it I'm flonkin' diabetic(Type 2, blech). I knew that I might be diabetic but I wasn't absolutely sure. Then my mom got sick (diabetic complications) and I decided to start testing my blood sugar. after a week of fasting numbers of over 300 I realized that I was on the same path as my mom, my uncle (who died at 49 due to complications of his diabetes, oh and he lost his leg before finally dying) and I knew for a fact that it ran on my fathers side as well. What am I going to do?

Well something clicked.

Okay, not really clicked, but more like scared the shit out of me. My mom had a triple bypass surgery when she was 41 due to about 3 heart attacks she had in a 12 hour period. This is very, very interesting since my grandmother DIED a the age of...drumroll please...41. Heart attack. But since it was back in the 60's the technology we have today wasn't really around and hence my mom was saved by our technological magic. I assumed I was on the road to the magic #41 heart attack. But my Mom is okay NOW, mean, besides constant heart pain and numerous hospital stays. But she's a girl. I'll be more okay. But then I found out that my Mom's surgery has an expiration date. Meaning the veins they replaced are going to have to be replaced between 8 and 10 years of her initial surgery.

I. Did. Not. Know. That.

It's funny how denial isn't just a river in Egypt. Once I realized that this was something that happens every 10 years or so, my brain suddenly remembered quite vividly the absolute hell that was my mom's initial heart surgery. It took her 6 to 9 months to recover from it and she was still shaky then. I have never seen someone as sick as my mom right after the surgery when they had tubes going down her throat and she couldn't even speak. It looked as if she had gone been thrown out of a 40 story building and hit a few things on the way down. I hired a nurse to stay with her so that she would have someone around because there was no way she could survive on her own with some sporadic visits from friends and family.

And I was on my way to that. An uncontrolled fat diabetic with heart disease in his DNA.

So on February 3rd, 2009 I embarked on a mission to lose weight and get my blood sugar under control. I, like many, many Americans, don't have health insurance so I didn't really have the option of tons of medication to get me better. I actually was able to procure some metformin (I know people who know people ;) ) and it actually wasn't working. DIABETIC MEDICATION WASN'T CONTROLLING MY DIABETES.

So I kicked up some diet and exercise. I needed to get some weight off of this frame. Being 70 to 80 pounds overweight could NOT be helping the situation. Now what I haven't mentioned is that I also suffer from ADD. So on occasion I will hyper focus and over read. I've done nothing for the past 2 months but research virtually 12 hours a day on diets and weight loss and funny enough it all lead me to diabetes and things of that nature.

That's why I'm here right now. I've read too much. I know there are blogs out there about this stuff already but I feel there needs to be more. Hence my entry into the battle. I have more to say on what lead me here but I think this is a good start. My name is Elon James White and I'm allergic to carbs.

1 comment:

  1. Andro Testo Pro A Male Enhancement cream is one that is easy to handle. A user can handle the cream on the penile area. This will work to get the substance to blend into the skin of the penis. This will help to ensure that it will move directly into the blood vessels of the penis and get it to work properly. This is a powerful procedure that will involve a good amount of health for the penile area.

    http://tiny.cc/AndroTestoPro

    ReplyDelete